Help Your People Persuade, Sell and Compel
Tired of watching your people stumble through presentations, bury customers in data and fail to connect with employees?
Rob will work with you to design a program that is both substantive and entertaining, with plenty of engagement, interaction and humor built in. Participants come away with practical, actionable solutions to the challenges they face.
Years after his programs, people approach Rob to let him know how much his insights have transformed the way they communicate and helped them sell more, lead smarter and win over any audience.
Read on to Learn About Rob’s Most Popular Programs
Unleash the Power of Storytelling
Build Trust, Win Hearts, Change Minds
Study after study confirms that storytelling is the most powerful way to break down walls, build trust, and influence people to act. It’s also one of the most hyped subjects in business today! Rob cuts through the noise to clarify and simplify the storytelling process. Audience members walk away with practical tools and easy-to-follow processes they can use to find, shape and deliver powerful stories. Stories that will help them connect more quickly, engage more meaningfully and get real-world results, from winning business to advancing strategy to driving performance.
In this keynote, you’ll learn:
- The important brain science behind the power of storytelling
- Three key ingredients necessary for every successful story
- Key elements that elevate good stories to greatness
- A simple process for finding great stories among your customers and other audiences
- Advice for cutting the clutter from your stories for greater impact
- Tips to help you bring out the best stories in others
11 Deadly Presentation Sins
A Path to Redemption for Public Speakers
Few things in business are more important than the ability to present our ideas in clear and compelling terms. Solid presentation skills can help you convert prospects to customers, inspire and motivate teams, earn the trust of investors, boards and others, and build your reputation as a trusted expert. Yet it’s all too easy to succumb to the worst sins of public speaking, from listless delivery to lackluster content, from meandering stories to mundane visuals. Which, in the TED Talk era, can be a serious credibility killer. This engaging and information-packed session teaches practical techniques to help you escape from PowerPoint Hell and win over any audience, from the board room to the ballroom. You’ll learn to:
- Analyze and understand an audience’s needs
- Focus and structure content to ensure audience comprehension and buy-in
- Find, shape and tell powerful stories that win hearts and change minds
- Invest arguments with the energy, passion and emotion necessary to sway the skeptics
- Create compelling and modern visuals that reinforce your message
- Ignore common body language myths and focus on what really matters
Act Like You Mean Business
Lessons for Success from Stage and Screen
Too often we go from meeting to meeting, phone call to phone call, without stopping to think about what we want to accomplish and how we’re going to do it. We treat life like an improv scene when it should be planned, scripted and rehearsed. This intensive session offers an actor’s guide to setting the stage for any interaction, from a formal meeting to a casual conversation. Participants come away with a simple, repeatable blueprint they can use to make every communication a success. You’ll learn:
- 5 questions to help you approach your communications more strategically
- 6 questions to help you shape your message to your audience’s needs
- A simple 5-part framework for structuring a compelling argument
- Listening techniques to help you tune into what people are really telling you
- Tips for making a bigger impact on those who don’t listen (which is everybody!)
- How to capitalize on the power of emotion to move and persuade people
- Ways to humanize yourself to form a more authentic connection with others
Rob's Other Programs Include
These keynotes are often adapted and combined to create longer workshops of several hours to a full day.